Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Big City vs Small Town

You get used to certain things when you live in a nice size town - and by nice I mean close to a million people.  You get used to being able to find your favorite skinny latte with chocolate sprinkles at your choice of Starbucks, being able to find good mexican food, being able to decide on a whim that you need a pedicure in a salon that has a good massaging chair.  So far, my foray into the North Coast has been lacking in all of those things.  There is a cute coffee shop here, but no Starbucks in sight.  There is a mexican food restaurant but the guacamole or as I like to call it, manna from heaven, is not the best.  There is a place to get my nails done but no massaging chair.  I miss these things.  I know that I will get used to not having access to these things but it may take a while. 

On the other hand, one of the girls that I work with grew up here and ran into the manager of the hotel I am staying in.  She told him that someone in her department was staying here and he told her my name and described me.  So a small town has its benefits as well.  I'll just have to get used to the other things and treat myself occassionally. 

2 comments: